It’s nice to be able to treat yourself every once in a while. But you could treat yourself a lot more frequently if treating yourself was free. It can be! There are plenty of ways to give yourself some special treatment without worrying about your budget.
In fact, you might start planning on doing something special for yourself regularly. You only need to take the time and make yourself a priority.
You’re worth it!
Give yourself the pampering you deserve:
- Call your favorite person. A long-distance phone call is free these days if you call on the cell phone. Pick up the phone and call someone you’d love to talk to. They’re probably dying to hear from you.
- Give yourself a manicure. Put on a movie and give yourself a manicure that will make your friends jealous. Take your time and do it right.
- Watch your favorite TV show. Binge-watch your favorite TV program. It’s relaxing and fun. You’ve already paid the bill for your favorite streaming service anyway. You might as well get your money’s worth.
- Take a hot bath. A hot bath for no reason at all is the best kind. A shower can be almost as good.
- Go to the bookstore. It’s free to walk around the bookstore and check out the books. Bring some coffee and fit a place to sit. In just a couple of visits, you can finish an entire book.
- Take a walk. Walking is free, and it is good exercise too. Walk around your neighborhood. Walk at the park. Walk at the beach. Walk alone or take a friend. Just walk and enjoy being outside.
- Make your favorite dessert. Whip up your favorite dessert and treat yourself. You’re doing yourself a favor by freeing up space in the pantry.
- Play a game online. There are thousands of games that can be played online for free. You can play by yourself, with a friend, or with 100 strangers. It can be a fun way to spend some time without spending any money.
- Sunrise or sunset? Watching the sunrise is free. Actually, watching the sunset is free, too. Which do you prefer?
- Listen to your favorite song. Any song can be found online somewhere for free. Sit back, relax, and listen to your favorite album.
- Local attractions. The park, museum, art galleries, monuments, and other local attractions are often free if you go on the right day. It’s not always necessary to travel to another city to see interesting things.
- Window shopping. It costs nothing to look at. Go look at new cars, fancy clothes, a giant television, kayaks, or whatever else interests you. It doesn’t hurt to look.
- Take a nap. Treat yourself to a great nap. Give yourself some extra time. You deserve it.
- Create. Immersing yourself in creating something is good for the body and soul! You don’t need paints or expensive art equipment. Just use materials that you find around the house. For example, you can sketch, write a song or a book, compose music, do origami, whittle, and much more.
- Look at an old photo album. Pull out an old photo album and relive a few memories. You’ll have a few laughs and maybe shed a few tears.
You don’t need to save up your money to give yourself a treat. You can give yourself a little VIP treatment without spending a single cent.
Use this list as a springboard to think of more ways you can be good to yourself each day. Make a long list and pull it out each day. Plan on treating yourself at least a few times each week. You know that you deserve it.