Would you try this Creole Garlic Alfredo with Cheese Stuffed Tortellini? Incredibly yummy!! My new signature dish!
- 1 Package cheese tortellini cooked to package instructions
- 2 C Spinach
- 8 Large scallops
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
For the alfredo sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. All purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. Butter unsalted and divided
- ½ C. Heavy whipping cream
- 1 C. Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Garlic minced
- ¾ C. Parmesan cheese grated
Creaole Seasoning for the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Onion and garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Basil and thyme
- 2 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
Seasoning for the shrimp:
- 1 lb. Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. Butter unsalted
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder and onion powder
- 2 tsp. Marjoram
- 2 tsp. Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. Black pepper
- Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions. Add the spinach the last few minutes of cook time until it is wilted, drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat on the stove, combine 2 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp flour to form a roux. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Mix in the 1 tbsp minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Immediately whisk in the milk, then the heavy whipping cream and remaining tablespoon of butter until well combined.
- Bring to a light rolling boil and cook until thickened.
- Stir in the seasoning and pour the sauce over the spinach and pasta.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Toss the shrimp in the shrimp seasoning ingredients, and then saute until cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the oil to the same skillet, season the scallops just with salt, and sear on both sides until browned and cooked through.
- Top the pasta with the shrimp and scallops before serving.