AIR FRYER BBQ BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or an impressive dish to share at your next backyard barbecue, these air fryer BBQ bacon wrapped chicken drumsticks are the perfect solution.
And, they’re bound to be a hit with both kids and adults alike! These chicken drumsticks are wrapped in bacon and then coated in a homemade BBQ sauce. They’re then cooked in the air fryer until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
The result is a tasty and juicy chicken drumstick that is full of flavor. And, since they’re cooked in the air fryer, they’re a healthier option than traditional fried chicken.
1. Preheat air fryer to 400°F. 2. Cut bacon strips in half. 3. Wrap each chicken drumstick with one bacon strip, securing with a toothpick. 4. Season chicken as desired. 5. Place chicken in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd. 6. Cook for 18-20 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through. 7. Remove chicken from air fryer and enjoy!
1. Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
1. Preheat air fryer to 400°F. 2. Cut chicken drumsticks into thirds. 3. Wrap each chicken piece with bacon. 4. Place chicken in air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd. 5. Cook for 20 minutes, flipping once, or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crisp. 6. Enjoy!
2. Cut bacon strips in half.
2. Cut bacon strips in half. Use a sharp knife to cut the bacon strips in half. If the bacon is too long, it can be difficult to cut through, so you may need to cut it into smaller pieces. Once the bacon is cut in half, it will be easier to wrap around the chicken.
3. Wrap each chicken drumstick with one bacon strip, securing with a toothpick.
The easiest way to make sure your chicken drumsticks are evenly cooked is to wrap them in bacon. Not only does this ensure that the chicken stays juicy, but the bacon adds a delicious smoky flavor. To wrap your chicken drumsticks, simply take one strip of bacon and wrap it around the chicken, securing with a toothpick. Repeat with all of the chicken drumsticks. When you’re finished, you can cook them in the air fryer. Air fryers are a great kitchen tool because they allow you to cook food without all the oil of traditional frying. This means that your food is not only healthier, but it’s also less messy. When you’re cooking bacon-wrapped chicken drumsticks in the air fryer, you don’t have to worry about the bacon splattering all over your kitchen. To cook your chicken drumsticks, simply preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, place the chicken in the air fryer basket, making sure that the bacon is not touching the sides of the basket. Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crispy. Enjoy your delicious and healthy bacon-wrapped chicken drumsticks!
4. Season chicken as desired.
When it comes to seasoning your chicken, the options are endless. You can go the traditional route and simply season with salt and pepper. Or, you can get creative and try a variety of different spices and herbs to give your chicken a unique flavor. If you’re looking for some inspiration, here are a few ideas to get you started: -Cajun seasoning -Italian seasoning -BBQ rub -Lemon pepper -Garlic powder The key is to experiment and find a seasoning blend that you and your family enjoy. Once you’ve decided on your seasonings, simply sprinkle them over the chicken drumsticks. If you’re using a BBQ rub, you may want to massage it into the chicken for best results. Then, it’s time to cook the chicken.
5. Place chicken in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd.
When you’re ready to cook your chicken, fire up your air fryer. Place the chicken in the basket, making sure not to overcrowd it. You’ll need to cook the chicken in batches if you’re making a lot. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may be able to fit 4-6 chicken drumsticks in the basket. Cook the chicken at a high temperature, around 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken, but it should be around 20-25 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked through, it will be a nice golden brown color. When the chicken is done, remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for a few minutes. Serve it up with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
6. Cook for 18-20 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through.
Make sure your chicken is cooked through by flipping them halfway through the cooking process. Depending on the size of your chicken drumsticks, they will take between 18-20 minutes to cook through. Serve hot and enjoy!
7. Remove chicken from air fryer and enjoy!
Start by prepping your ingredients. You will need: -1 lb. chicken drumsticks -1/2 cup BBQ sauce -1/4 cup brown sugar -1 tsp. smoked paprika -1 tsp. garlic powder -1 tsp. onion powder -1/4 tsp. black pepper Wrap each chicken drumstick in bacon, securing with a toothpick if necessary. In a small bowl, mix together the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Place the chicken in your air fryer, making sure not to overcrowd. Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. After 20 minutes, brush the chicken with the BBQ sauce mixture. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crisp. Enjoy!
To sum it up, these chicken drumsticks are a delicious and easy to make summertime meal. The air fryer allows you to cook them to perfection, and the bacon adds a nice smoky flavor. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!